Inadmissibility in canada. Can it affect US immigration?

hseema

Thank you jairichi. I had one more question. I will be grateful if someone can assist or give opinion. 

An individual who is inadmissible in canada for work experience missrepresentation for 5 years.

Now he is filling DS160 for a K1 visa, what should be the answer to these questions on DS160? Does he have to answer Yes to these questions based solely on the information related to misrepresentation in canada -

(Question in DS160 under criminal history)

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any

offense or crime, even though subject of a
pardon, amnesty, or other similar action? 

(Question in DS160 under immigration)

Have you ever sought to obtain or assist others to
obtain a visa, entry into the United States, or any
other United States immigration benefit by fraud
or willful misrepresentation or other unlawful
means? 

Thank you jairichi. I had one more question. I will be grateful if someone can assist or give opinion. 

An individual who is inadmissible in canada for work experience missrepresentation for 5 years.

Now he is filling DS160 for a K1 visa, what should be the answer to these questions on DS160? Does he have to answer Yes to these questions based solely on the information related to misrepresentation in canada -

(Question in DS160 under criminal history)

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any

offense or crime, even though subject of a
pardon, amnesty, or other similar action? 

(Question in DS160 under immigration)

Have you ever sought to obtain or assist others to
obtain a visa, entry into the United States, or any
other United States immigration benefit by fraud
or willful misrepresentation or other unlawful
means? 

If this individual was convicted in a court of law then the answer is yes. Check this answer with an attorney. But, for your second question the answer is definitively yes.

Thanks century and jairichi. For question 2, it asks only for USA immigration misrepresentation. Please correct me if I am wrong. The misrepresentation is for Canada (not in USA). Does the individual still answer yes for question 2?

The question is "obtain a visa" and not obtain an US visa. You still have a point. Check with an attorney.

Archived