H1B Extension processing times...Regular processing is not moving

aniroy4ever

My H1B Extesnsion is with California Center for last 6 months (received 23rd June,2015). I am going through regular processing. So I was tracking it very closely. in USCIS site it shows that on 31st Aug it was 25 May, 30th Sep it was 2nd June and the latest update 31st Oct it is only 3rd June....so in one month it moved only one day...Is it the indication that every one has to be filed in Premium processing? Any one got H1B extension approval recently?

My H1B amendment is with California Center for last 6 months (received 17th June,2015) and I received a receipt on 7th July,2015 with the status showing as :

" We made the decision to refund the fee for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXX. We will mail your refund to the address you gave us. This refund does not affect the processing or location of your case. You should receive your refund within 30 days. "

I applied under  regular processing , but still now there is now change in the status..

Can anyone please help me where to check in USCIS website, till what date USCIS processed the applications so far.

@2nd post........It seems the petition has been filed in Premium processing and during that time the premium processing was suspended for one month. So they are trying to refund the fees...

@3rd post....where from you heard these stories? The processing is tremendously slow for last few months.....if you look the statistics you will come to know....

My client location could be changed in January....I think I need to file for Amendment.....my question is that is there will be any issue to file  Amendment for client location change while extension is in pending status?? Also Can I file for I-140 while my extension is in pending status?

• 2 weeks later...

..Is it the indication that every one has to be filed in Premium processing? Any one got H1B extension approval recently?

Yes

USCIS has become shameless in acting this way to get money whatever way possible by forcing to do PP. 

in this case, so many people have to apply for premium as they are left with no choice (travel plans, 240+ days etc)

Yes

USCIS has become shameless in acting this way to get money whatever way possible by forcing to do PP. 

in this case, so many people have to apply for premium as they are left with no choice (travel plans, 240+ days etc)

Its an open secret, USCIS works for money. Even the applications with very poor documentation sometimes gets approved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey i filled my extension on july 9th and i got receipt number . My i-94 and visa expired on sep-30-2015. 

My center is Vermont  center. do you guys having any idea how much time it will take more now.

my filed in regular processing and now in uscis it showing june-08 processing going on.

Archived