H1B to H4 COS (Fresh H1b Approval with 2 months gap)

prashantkumark09

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate your help in this regard.

I entered USA in June 2014 as a H4 dependent. This year i.e. Oct 2015 I got my H1B approved. I was supposed to join the client but due to budget issues the position went on hold. Now I am on H1b since 1st of OCT 2015 without a job. I am planning to apply for change of status (COS) to H4 since my spouse is on a valid H1b visa till Jan 2018. I have below queries

(i) Is it possible to go for COS by staying in USA without having a pay-stub? 

(ii) If not then can I travel to India and can come back on H4?

I would highly appreciate responses on it.

Thanks for your response.

I guess there is a 90 day rule where in if the employee does not report to work after h1b valid date i.e 1st Oct. COS will not have any issue.

This is what I am hearing from lots of places

60 days. But, if employee reports to employer during that time then employee is on H1B status and needs to be paid.

Thanks for all of your reply. 

I applied for the passport and I am supposed to get it by 15th Jan, 2016. so for my kid, I need till Feb, 2016. After that they can return to Home. So what is the best to do now? In that case, can attorney do something, so that can I take help of an attorney? 

Please advice. 

Thanks for all of your reply. 

I applied for the passport and I am supposed to get it by 15th Jan, 2016. so for my kid, I need till Feb, 2016. After that they can return to Home. So what is the best to do now? In that case, can attorney do something, so that can I take help of an attorney? 

Please advice. 

Talk to an attorney.

Archived