H4 EAD Renewal pending - Eligibility check

vnandelli

Hi,

My H4 EAD is about to expire in couple of days and EAD renewal is still pending approval. I am currently working part time and I am not sure if I can continue working till I get approval.

I called USCIS to check and they said my employer will confirm if I can work or not. Then, I checked with my employer(retail chain) multiple times and I was told that I could continue working without any problem. Employer also said that I get informed if there is a problem.

Can somebody please help me with this scenario? Am I allowed to work? If you have more information, Can you please share?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My H4 EAD is about to expire in couple of days and EAD renewal is still pending approval. I am currently working part time and I am not sure if I can continue working till I get approval.

I called USCIS to check and they said my employer will confirm if I can work or not. Then, I checked with my employer(retail chain) multiple times and I was told that I could continue working without any problem. Employer also said that I get informed if there is a problem.

Can somebody please help me with this scenario? Am I allowed to work? If you have more information, Can you please share?

Thank you

Without a renewed EAD card you cannot work. You need to stop working once your current EAD expires and wait for new EAD card approval to begin working again.

• 1 month later...

Without a renewed EAD card you cannot work. You need to stop working once your current EAD expires and wait for new EAD card approval to begin working again.

i disagree... this person already given a thumbs up by his employer, So continuation of work wont be an issue. Dot get carried away it's the same rule as the I797 where in you can continue to work while is petition is pending.

Archived