H1B transfer Approval notice without I-94

Mehul55512

My H1B transfer amendment petition was approved but the I-797B does not have I-94 attached to it. Instead the I-797B states as below -

Class Consulate / POE OCC

H1B    Mumbai               030

My company's immigration team claims that it is an USCIS error and they have requested a correction and as per their advice I am eligible to stay in US as my amendment petition has been approved. Futher as per my company's immigration team, USCIS has informed them that USCIS would need 45 days to fetch my petition that they had sent to another office.

Meanwhile, local DMV office would not issue me driving liscense as their system did not accept current I-94 details (I downloaded from CBP website) and have requested an inquiry from Dept. of Homeland Security.

Please advice wheather I should wait until my company's immigration team receives a response from USCIS or do I need to travel to Mumbai Consulate for stamping?

Regards

MS

You cannot work without a valid I94. Either wait for USCIS to rectify error or go for visa stamping.

Thanks for your response.

My relocation amendment petition is approved but the I797B approval notice was issued without I94 card. In such a situation is the electronic I94 issued at the time I entered US still valid, especially  if the most recent I94 on CBP site says admit until a future date?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your response.

My relocation amendment petition is approved but the I797B approval notice was issued without I94 card. In such a situation is the electronic I94 issued at the time I entered US still valid, especially  if the most recent I94 on CBP site says admit until a future date?

Hello Mehul,

Any help / advice from you is appropriated. 

I am in same situation like you, H1B transfer approved by 797B and no I-94.

My previous I-94 is valid till 03/2018

What did the notice say? why they didn't they gave you I-94?

Did your 797-B came with counselor processing?

What steps did you took?

• 6 months later...

Archived