H1B Visa trasnfer


Recommended Posts



I have a valid H1B visa stamped and the validity is till Jun-2018. It was stamped recently.

But I have not travelled to US till now.


Can I look for a job in US while I am not in US.

And can the existing US visa transferred to a new employer.


Is it legally possible.

If yes, what are the steps.





Link to comment

thanks for the quick reply.


So, the requirement is that I need to travel atleast once from the initial H1 sponsoring employer.

And after I travel once, I can switch jobs and get H1 transfer.


Is this understanding correct ?


You not just need to travel with the original H1, you need to start working for the original H1 employer.

Then the H1 can be transferred.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.