Indian passport renewal - h4 visa expired

americandesimd

Hello friends,

my h4 stamp on my passport is expired. My i 94 is still valid and has validity till next year.

can I show my husband's I 797 as a visa proof along with my I 94?

or do I need to go for interview at the DC Embassy? is my situation common and does Embassy help quickly in such cases. please share your experience.

please advise

Thanks

My wife's passport reissue was denied at the Indian embassy when we went for the interview.

the officer said he needs a extension notice or a receipt which says extension in progress for her H4 visa.

what should be my next steps now? Shall I apply for I 539 on my own? My wife's H4 visa from my previous employer is expired on 30th Sep 2015.

Note:  her I 94 is still valid till August 2016

Please advise.

Thanks

My wife's passport reissue was denied at the Indian embassy when we went for the interview.

the officer said he needs a extension notice or a receipt which says extension in progress for her H4 visa.

what should be my next steps now? Shall I apply for I 539 on my own? My wife's H4 visa from my previous employer is expired on 30th Sep 2015.

Note:  her I 94 is still valid till August 2016

Please advise.

Thanks

That is so strange. If her I94 is valid there should not be an issue to accept her passport application. I think she cannot apply for extension more than 6 months from her I94 expiry date.

Since her I94 was till August, 2016 the Officer was wrong. Write to the Ambassador of India by email giving the facts and asking for his/her help.

is there any specific email for the Ambassador of India

I currently submitted the information using redressal of their grievances on the Indian Embassy website (https://www.indianembassy.org/pages.php?id=15) by selecting the contact as Ambassador

Thanks

Archived