H1B Transfer through 2 employers

Harivansh_Immi

Hi All, 

I am on an H1b visa (I-94 valid till June 2016)

I served my last day with my previous employer (Company A) on the 9th of November. My new employer (Company B) filed for my H1 transfer on the 6th, and I have now got a receipt number as well. 

I am interested in joining a different company (Company C) and they are willing to file for my H1 transfer as well. 

Considering that I have already joined Company B (Still looking for projects), will it any issue when company C files for H1 transfer due to any gap in my employment between company A and company C(if they file) ? Or do I need paystubs from Company B to get it done. 

I cannot get paystubs from Company B yet because it has just been 3 days.

Please advise. Thank you so much. 

If you are not paid by B then you are out of status. If C files a petition now then you are fine. If not then petition if approved will be without I94.

Thanks for your response. 

You say that if I am not paid by B. then I am out of status. They will be running my payroll, but it has just been 2 days since I have joined them. How will they be paying me unless I have completed a pay cycle. 

If C tries to file an H1 for me, I won't be having any paystubs from B, because I have not yet completed a pay cycle. 

What do I do in that case? Thank you so much. 

Thanks for your response. 

You say that if I am not paid by B. then I am out of status. They will be running my payroll, but it has just been 2 days since I have joined them. How will they be paying me unless I have completed a pay cycle. 

If C tries to file an H1 for me, I won't be having any paystubs from B, because I have not yet completed a pay cycle. 

What do I do in that case? Thank you so much. 

You are fine in this case without pay stubs from B. But, you will need A's pay stubs for C to file for transfer.

Archived