I140 premium to be eligible for EAD

sai57

Dear Administrator,

My employer applied I-140 for me in August this year and it's pending with USCIS (Nebraska Service Center).

There's a speculation on the web because of some leaked USCIS memos etc., that it may draft a rule to make only certain approved I-140 beneficiaries to get EAD (the beneficiaries with approved I-140 for at least a year)

So, is it advisable to upgrade my pending I-140 application now to premium to be eligible for EAD sooner when this rule comes out?

I'm afraid that I may lose the eligibility to apply for EAD before Obama's tenure. I'm guessing the next POTUS won't allow the USCIS to approve such EAD petitions anymore starting Jan 2017.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Sai.

When and whether someone might become eligible for an EAD card based on an I-140 is an impossible thing to predict. It took over a year from when the H4 EAD rule was originally proposed to when it went into effect. A person should generally make their decisions based on what is the law and process. At this point, the only thing that has come out is a leaked internal memo, which members of Congress are strongly attacking DHS over. There is sadly no way to know how things will develop from this point.

This is an internal agency memo discussing different ideas. DHS is responsible for managing legal immigration and illegal immigration issues so when they consider changes to the immigration law and adding an additional benefit and are discussing it internally there is nothing illogical or surprising about the fact that they would consider both sides of their responsibilities.

This is an internal agency memo discussing different ideas. DHS is responsible for managing legal immigration and illegal immigration issues so when they consider changes to the immigration law and adding an additional benefit and are discussing it internally there is nothing illogical or surprising about the fact that they would consider both sides of their responsibilities.

After living in US for these many years, I can understand how the way DHS and its 'friends' play with legal immigrants lives. At the end of the day what matters is the profits for DHS and its immigration friends.

Archived