Rescheduling h1b appointment from Canada to India

gdsr

Hello,

I had originally scheduled a visa appointment for h1b stamping in Ottawa, Canada on Nov 18th. I had some change in plans and due to some circumstances, I have to make India trip and so, I was looking to reschedule my appointment at Hyderabad, India.

Now,

1) Do i have to create a new profile for India or Does the profile created for Canada needs to be moved over ?

Canada profile created at:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

India profile needs to be created at:

Not sure, how profile information gets shared between 2 different applications.

2) I was told by the call center guys in India that I should call Canada's call center and have them move my profile over to India. But, When I called Canada's call center, I was told that they cannot do it.

I am confused....Should I just go ahead an create a new profile for India and schedule my interview ?

I am okay with paying the visa fees again for India....Just need to know what the correct process is...

Please help

New profile needed and new ds -160 too. Furthermore the visa fee needs to be paid again since it is a different country.

Try calling the US consulate in Canada to see if they will help in any way (most likely they cannot )

Can I ask what are/were the available dates for ottawa or montreal when you were looking. Also for India do we still have availability for Dec or Jan ?

Archived