Can we apply for H1-B while on Full time CPT

maddyee

I'm currently into my full time CPT and planning to apply for H1-B in April 2016 under bachelors quota. I came to US for doing Master's(F1 visa) and will graduate in August 2016. Can I apply for H1-B while on full time CPT (before completing MS). Can someone please help me out. Thank you in anticipation.

So, everybody in the class does an internship (for foreign students with CPT)?

Care to tell us what university this is?

Legitimate CPT is very rare, so it would be unusual to see that. Also, the few institutions who use CPT legitimately have knowledgeable DSOs, who could have answered your question already.

So, everybody in the class does an internship (for foreign students with CPT)?

Care to tell us what university this is?

Legitimate CPT is very rare, so it would be unusual to see that. Also, the few institutions who use CPT legitimately have knowledgeable DSOs, who could have answered your question already.

Hello JoeF,

Yes, everyone in the the class who get an offer according to the program requirements can do an internship. In addition this internship is a part of curriculum and it adds some credits to the program.

Hello JoeF,

Yes, everyone in the the class who get an offer according to the program requirements can do an internship. In addition this internship is a part of curriculum and it adds some credits to the program.

Hmm, you said "can do" an internship. That means it is optional, and therefore not an integral part of the curriculum.

For CPT to be legitimate, everybody in that class would have to be required to do an internship.

It seems you don't want to tell us the name of the institution. Is it one of these 4th-tier shady institutions out there?

Archived