Can we modify the ds 160 after submission

skanthsri

After we schedule appointment, we are unable to edit DS-160 application Id. There are some other fields that you can edit like Passport #, etc but not DS-160 number.

I did face this issue earlier and this is what I did. I have cancelled my appointment and created a new DS-160 using the current one then scheduled appointment to next day. This is because it took some time for the cancelled appointment to appear again. I completed this around 8:00 PM and I keep on checking for my cancelled slot. Next day around 9:00 AM I saw the cancelled slot available and then rescheduled my appointment back to original date. There is a little risk involved in doing this as we may not get the cancelled slot if someone else schedule appointment before we react.

I am not sure if there is any other way to update this either by calling help desk or at the time of interview.

After we schedule appointment, we are unable to edit DS-160 application Id. There are some other fields that you can edit like Passport #, etc but not DS-160 number.

I did face this issue earlier and this is what I did. I have cancelled my appointment and created a new DS-160 using the current one then scheduled appointment to next day. This is because it took some time for the cancelled appointment to appear again. I completed this around 8:00 PM and I keep on checking for my cancelled slot. Next day around 9:00 AM I saw the cancelled slot available and then rescheduled my appointment back to original date. There is a little risk involved in doing this as we may not get the cancelled slot if someone else schedule appointment before we react.

I am not sure if there is any other way to update this either by calling help desk or at the time of interview.

To Cancel and reschedule the appointment do we need to make any payment extra?

No need to pay any additional fee for cancel/reschedule appointment. I am not sure if there is any limit on doing this.

I am glad that the information I provided from my experience useful to you. In my case I did not get same day slot when I cancelled my appointment. So, I have scheduled to next day and waited for the cancelled slot to appear again. I am very happy that you haven't had same difficulty that I had in getting the original slot.

All the best.

No need to pay any additional fee for cancel/reschedule appointment. I am not sure if there is any limit on doing this.

I am glad that the information I provided from my experience useful to you. In my case I did not get same day slot when I cancelled my appointment. So, I have scheduled to next day and waited for the cancelled slot to appear again. I am very happy that you haven't had same difficulty that I had in getting the original slot.

All the best.

Kumar, Quick question when you say keep checking for slot next day 9:00 am its IST timings right?

Archived