regular processing since june?

desmin

hi everyone, receipt date for h1b visa extension is june 19 th, my hib visa expired on june 30 th, my question is any one has who has his or her receipt date around june 19 th got the approval? 

My h1b extension received date was 2nd of June and it's pending still. it's not just me, my friend applied last week of may, no response so far. hope this info helps you.

hi everyone, receipt date for h1b visa extension is june 19 th, my hib visa expired on june 30 th, my question is any one has who has his or her receipt date around june 19 th got the approval? 

I am following various forums and from what I have gathered it is taking anywhere between 5 to 9 months for H1-B extension/transfer approvals these days. A lot of people with April receipt dates are getting approvals now and many with May receipt dates are still waiting.

With the holiday season starting late November it could only get worse. Check with your lawyer regarding the 240 day rule. There is a law that states it is legal to stay for 240 days after your visa expires provided an extension is in process. With the current processing speed it could potentially take more than 240 days for approvals.

Mine was filed on May 29 and got receipt notice on June 1st . still waiting for response. When my extension was filed, my work location is X and later my work location was changed to Y. 

I ended up in having 2 petition numbers (1 for extension on earlier petition and 1 for amendment for my work location).  

I have below questions 

1) Does amendment process impacts my extension timelines ?

2) Can I  switch from Employer A to Employer B after my X location petition is approved or do I need to wait till Y location petition approval ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived