B2 visa with annotation for parent


Recommended Posts



I had lived in US between 97 to 03 in a H1b visa and moved back to India to take care of my parents.


recently i came across an article which mentions that the cohabiting parents can get a B2 visa and stay in US as long as the primary sponsoring non-immigrant visa is valid.


my mom had stayed with us ever since we moved back. i would like to get your views about


1. can my mom get an annotated b2 visa which could allow her to stay with us, if i could get a H1 again

2. has anyone tried this route, any success stories or experiences

3. what are the proof requested by the counselor for the cohabitants.  


appreciate your help and views



Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.