H1B revoke while still having L1B

kmadanu

Hi,

I am currently holding L1B visa. My H1B with new employer got approved and am waiting for I797 yet. Assuming change of status is done, if I still wish to continue working with my old employer (i.e. on L1), can I ask my new employer to revoke H1B so that I will be on L1 status? Please advise.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

H1b approval without I94. May i know what does that mean?

I am currently on L1b. Is my status changed to H1b now? Please advise.

FYI - I applied H1b from a new employer while I am on L1b. My new employer says H1b got approved without I94. Want to know whether I can still work on L1b. 

H1b approval without I94. May i know what does that mean?

I am currently on L1b. Is my status changed to H1b now? Please advise.

FYI - I applied H1b from a new employer while I am on L1b. My new employer says H1b got approved without I94. Want to know whether I can still work on L1b. 

That means change of status was denied. You are still on L1B. To move to H1B you need to exit US and enter with a valid H1B visa and I797.

One last question. Since my change of status was denied for h1b, i am on l1b still.

My dependents are on l2 visa and currently in US. If I go for h1b stamping, should my dependents also attend visa stamping for h4. Or is it fine if i come back to US on h1b and then request change of status for dependents.

Please provide information on this.

Thanks

Archived