H1B Stamping : Payroll question

kumar506

Hello,

I am planning to visit India after 3 years to see my parents. I have VISA interview on Nov 9th and Nov 10th.  

Here is my situation: My employer did not run the payroll for the month of august' 2015 as I sent the timesheet bit late (Yes, I did work at client's place in the month of august). 

I requested my employer to check with Paychex folks if they can fix this issue by generating a payroll with past date and the outcome of the discussion is - No LUCK. Paychex folks said, "No we cannot generate the payroll for past date (August)."

So now my question is What Should I answer to VO in case if they ask to provide pay stubs for last 3 months? 

Please provide your valuable suggestion.lease help me, I am kind of scared.

1. You ALWAYS have to answer the TRUTH!

2. On H1, you ALWAYS need to get paid on time, if you get paid hourly, for at least 40 hours/week. Not providing timesheets on time doesn't change that legal requirement.

3. Find a better employer, one who knows the law.

Hello,

I am planning to visit India after 3 years to see my parents. I have VISA interview on Nov 9th and Nov 10th.  

Here is my situation: My employer did not run the payroll for the month of august' 2015 as I sent the timesheet bit late (Yes, I did work at client's place in the month of august). 

I requested my employer to check with Paychex folks if they can fix this issue by generating a payroll with past date and the outcome of the discussion is - No LUCK. Paychex folks said, "No we cannot generate the payroll for past date (August)."

So now my question is What Should I answer to VO in case if they ask to provide pay stubs for last 3 months? 

Please provide your valuable suggestion.lease help me, I am kind of scared.

Simply tell the truth that it was the mistake of HR dept.

1. You ALWAYS have to answer the TRUTH!

2. On H1, you ALWAYS need to get paid on time, if you get paid hourly, for at least 40 hours/week. Not providing timesheets on time doesn't change that legal requirement.

3. Find a better employer, one who knows the law.

Thanks for the inputs JoeF.

Can someone please reply to below:-

1.Will my H1 status get affected as I didn't have the paystub for the month of August?

2.Though my employer did not pay the salary by running the payroll, but he deposited the company check in my account. Can I answer the same thing to VO ?

3. He said he is going to adjust the taxes in next month paystub. I came to know that this is Illegal and my employer did a mistake here. 

How can I remove this mark from my profile without having any issues?

Please help.

The important thing is that you get paid. Paystubs are one way to show that. Bank statements could also show that.

As far as the payroll taxes are concerned, that's a somewhat complicated issue. The employer may have to pay a penalty to IRS, but it should not affect you.

Archived