I-140 approved (EB1-A), spouse lives in a different US state for school, how to apply I-485


Recommended Posts

I live in XX state in USA and my spouse lives in state YY in USA as an F1-student. She will be finishing up within next year. We got married one and a half year ago in USA and have been living apart since then in order to finish up spouse's school. I had to move becasue of my job. Recently, my I-140 has been approved under EB-1A category. According to USCIS, if we file for I-485, we both have to send our documents to different lock boxes.


What should be the best way to apply for I-485?


1) We file for I-485 from two different states and get biometric appointment separately?

2) I am assuming that we cannot file from a single state because we don't have a house lease together. However, we have the marriage certificate, joint credit card/bank account, insurances, AAA membership, joint tax file, flight records for travelling back and forth.  


Is there a better way of file in this case? Please let me know or point me if such cases exist in another forum.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.