Needed your Advice on passport Renewal before H1B stamping

mur@li

HI ,

1. I have i797 approved for 3 years(2018) but my passport expires in 2016 September , since i have 9 months should i go for stamping or is it advisable to get my passport reissued before stamping?

2. My passport doesn't have my spouse name, is it mandatory i have her name in passport for her to get H4 stamping? 

3. My wife was not coming to stamping with me she will approach after one month , is it needed for her to update or modify her passport also ?

please advice me

Thanks for your kind response in advance.

I would suggest to get it renewed as than you will have your H1B Stamping in the new passport for next 3 years. Also I reissued my passport from NYC which takes 2-3 weeks and has to be renewed before certain time of expiration. and was told to carry old and new both passport always together.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for inputs. I have been to consulate with passport validity(2016 sep) this year and have been approved visa until 2018 sep. I will be going to US in December 2015. Should I get new passport or go US and apply for new passport? Since I 94 is the problem do you guys suggest I should change my passport now and carry both passports so that I 94 will be based on petition date?

Is it ok to renew passport when valid visa in old passport was never used to travel ?

Thanks for inputs. I have been to consulate with passport validity(2016 sep) this year and have been approved visa until 2018 sep. I will be going to US in December 2015. Should I get new passport or go US and apply for new passport? Since I 94 is the problem do you guys suggest I should change my passport now and carry both passports so that I 94 will be based on petition date?

Is it ok to renew passport when valid visa in old passport was never used to travel ?

Renew your passport. Your visa in old passport will still be valid. Carry both passports whenever you travel.

Archived