I-485/I-765 EAD Checklist

Hello

I am applying for EAD/AOS under new rules with AOS filing date. I am applying by myself without going to attorney. My Priority date is in May, 2011 for EB2 category. My spouse is on her H1B but GC process is not started. So, I will be applying for her as my dependent. Please check the list below and let me know if I need to send anything else.

1. I-485 
  2. I-765 
  3. I-131 
  4. I-639 
  5. G-325A
  6. Copies of birth certificates with affidavits
  7. Copies of all passports
  8. Copies of all 797s, I-20s, EAD cards and I-94s
  9. Copy of marriage certificate
  10. Copy of my approved I-140
  11. 6 photos each
  12. Original employment letter
  13. 2 checks with $1070 each

I have one question.

1. Are my tax forms, pay stubs and W-2 necessary? I don't want to complicate the matter by sending unnecessary documents, so just want to make sure.
  2. Do I need to include pay stubs for my spouse and employment letter from her employer? She is on H1B but for 485, she will be added to my application.

Thanks a lot

Please let me know about these questions.

1. Are my tax forms, pay stubs and W-2 necessary? I don't want to complicate the matter by sending unnecessary documents, so just want to make sure.
  2. Do I need to include pay stubs for my spouse and employment letter from her employer? She is on H1B but for 485, she will be added to my application.

Thanks a lot

Please follow the USCIS Instructions to the letter and attach no more no less. eg., a RECENT job letter is needed. 2 photos are needed. Any RFE would need to be addressed. Generally there is no problem if you send them only what is needed as per the Instructions.

Archived