Extension beyond 6 years based on Perm Approval

pranav1234

Hi,

My 6 years stay in USA will complete by Jan 2016 and my Perm is applied in March 2015 and it is approved.My I140 is not yet applied. 

Now problem is, i had to leave to India on an emergency this week. what are my options to come back to USA?

Please help me with below questions i have

1) If my Employer does not want to apply for I140, can any other employer apply for my extn with recapturing 2 months of my stay in india (Now to next two months) and get me to USA

2) Do i need to wait for 1 full year before i come back to USA? if yes, do i need to apply for new H1 under CAP? (out of 6 years, i am on H1 for only 2 years and remaining was L1)

Thanks

Pranav

Are you suggesting you won't continue to work for the current employer after your 2-month break? Since your H1B is valid till Jan 2016 you can go and come back on that same visa - as long as you do it before the expiry date and ten apply for an extension (assuming same employer). Highly unlikely if a different employer will transfer H1B and extend for such a short period.

H1B years are cumulative, so if you used up only 2 years- If you reapply with a different employer you will be cap exempt. Of course you will only get the remaining 4 years available and not the full 6.

Archived