"Dropbox" visa interview waiver program

ab66

I am in the US. My current visa ( from previous employer) in the passport has expired and I am trying to schedule an interview for my visa stamping with the I797 from my current employer using https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Normally, Because my employer has changed, I don't qualify for the dropbox visa interview waiver program.But the website, which we use to schedule the interview says I qualify for the interview waiver. This is really surprising. Here is the list of questions I answered while filling up the form to schedule an interview.

1. Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?YES

2. Were you denied any kind of U.S. visa after your most recent U.S. visa was issued?

NO.

3. Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid?NO

4.Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months?

YES

5. Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008?

YES

After answering the above five question. I got this confirmation.

Congratulations! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

Is there any update made the "dropbox" visa interview waiver program recently? Am I eligible for interview waiver even with the current petitioner is different from the previous petitioner?

Archived