Incorrect place of birth on passport - AOS filing

catchgul

Hi All

Congratulations to everyone who is able to file I-485 and EAD after the new priority dates published by USCIS. I am also became eligible for Oct filing.

The problem is with my passport that has incorrect place of birth mentioned. I only realized this while I applied for passport renewal in San Francisco about a year back. In my passport renewal application I mentioned the correct place of birth but the agent accepting my application changed it to what it was on the old passport.

Now while filing for AOS my birth certificate(wasnt registered at the time of birth but we are registering now) and affidavits from my parents will have the correct place of birth but the passport will have a wrong one.

Will this be a big problem? What are my options:

1) Get the place of birth fixed on the passport. This may not be easy knowing the way consulates work.

2) Some people are recommending that I just get the birth registered and affidavits made for the city mentioned in my passport. I know that this can be an easy fix but then I will be misrepresenting facts so I am not comfortable doing it.

3) Just file my AOS as is and hope USCIS overlooks it?

I would really appreciate someone providing some inputs.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived