Successful H1B stamping at Mumbai on Sep 16th, 2015

neerajxp

Hi All,

This site was very helpful during my interview preparation. Time to give back, sharing my experience at Mumbai.

Background: A cap-exempted candidate because of earlier filing (In Mar-2011). The previous stamping was rejected with 221g yellow at Hyderabad. The petition was reaffirmed in May-2012, but the petition was expired in Mar-2012. Being a cap-exempted, got second sponsorship from same employer in May-2015, this time in premium processing. OFC was on 13-Sep (Sunday) and consulate interview was on 16-Sep.

OFC interview was at 1:00 PM. I reached at 12:15 PM and inside premised my turn came in 5 minutes and after finger printing and photo I was out at 12:45 PM pm well before my schedule interview timeJ

Consulate Interview was at 10:00 AM and there were 250 odd people outside. After all the waiting timing and queue, my turn came at 11:40.

VO: Good Morning. Your documents Please

Me: Good Morning. (handed over Passport, I797B, I129 copy, LCA copy)

VO: Which company you are going to work?

Me: XXX INC

VO: What is XXXXX XXXXXX

Me: Its XXXXX XXXXXX doing business as (dba) XXX INC.

VO: Ok. XXX INC.

VO: What is your designation?

Me: Programmer Analyst

VO: How many employees this company has?

Me: XXX

VO: How much is the pay?

Me: XX thousand USD per annum.

VO: What is your highest qualification?

Me: Master in computer applications

VO: Which project you are going to work?

Me: told the product name

VO: What is this project all about?

Me: Started explaining but she stopped me asking me to come closer to speaker. I finished in 3 lines.

VO: Is it In-house project?

Me: Yes

VO: Are you going to work for client.

Me: No

VO: Are you married?

Me: Yes

VO: Is your family accompanying you?

Me: No. Not Now.

She seemed satisfied with the answers and pointing towards the pamphlet at counter

VO: Have you read this?

Me: Yes. (I had read that when I was in waiting area)

VO: You will get your passport in 2-3 days. Thank you.

She returned remaining documents to me and kept the passport. I greeted her and left the counter. It took nearly 2 hour for the entire process.

There was no SMS and email to notify passport pickup, but 1 day later I checked on passport tracking which showed “Ready to pick up”. I took the driving license copy with me and collected the passport from the trade center, with stamped visa J

Good luck guys for your successful stamping.

Archived