Can I file I485 next month using previous employer's approved I140

aponniah1017

According to Jairichi (who I presume is a lawyer), this is possible but only the previous company can submit the I485 - 

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/93194-can-eligible-i-485-filing-after-changing-to-new-employer-with-i-140-approved/

Will the I485 petition not be adjudicated unless the "real" priority date is current ?

Nobody here, except the Murthy lawyers who post as Attorneyx, are lawyers.

An I-485 is never submitted by a company.

The OP could only file an I-485 if the old job is still available, and if the OP is going to work for the old company when the I-485 is approved.

Thanks. So what happens when an I-485 is approved ? How long does that take ? Will it get approved when real numbers are available , in a few years ?

Nobody here, except the Murthy lawyers who post as Attorneyx, are lawyers.

An I-485 is never submitted by a company.

The OP could only file an I-485 if the old job is still available, and if the OP is going to work for the old company when the I-485 is approved.

Thanks. So what happens when an I-485 is approved ? How long does that take ? Will it get approved when real numbers are available , in a few years ?

Yes, it will only be approved when real visa numbers are available.

The current change only allows people to file I-485/EAD earlier, allowing more flexibility in job changing.

Archived