RFE- ratical training not in field of study

KruWashDC

Hi All,

Thank you for responding to my query in advance.

I while applying for OPT attached an offer letter for temporary employment as an Intern and will be working in Finance Applications, IT department with XYZ Technology, Inc.

The RFE notice requests" a statement from DSO explaining how my practical training in Finance application directly relates to Master of Business Administration and Management, General."

The DSO denied me her statement and instead asked me to write a letter. The contents of the letter are as follows:

1. I attached the offer letter with the intention that it will expedite my OPT application process.

2. I have however, lost the internship opportunity and I will no longer be able to pursue that job..please find the letter from employer and email correspondence.

3. I was earlier pursuing the job in finance since financial management and policies was part of my Masters of Business Administration, General curriculum. Please find the attached Master of Business Administration curriculum.

Please advice if it is ok to send this letter and whether the statement from DSO is necessary to respond to the RFE.

I have lost that job anyways. And don't wanna loose OPT as well.

Regards.

Here is the draft copy of the letter I was planning to send to USCIS.

This letter is in response to an RFE received by xxxx, (Receipt number:xxxxx).

I was earlier looking for a job in finance since financial management and policies was part of my Masters of Business Administration, General curriculum. Please find the attached Master of Business Administration curriculum. I, xxxx sent the internship offer letter for temporary employment as an Intern with XYZ Technology, Inc. 

The internship program ended and they could not extend the offer beyond 10th August, 2015. Please find the attached email correspondence and letter from my employer about the same.

Since that opportunity is no longer available, I am looking for a new job and will make sure that the next job is directly related 

to Master of Business Administration, General once I get my OPT approval.

Thank you.

Archived