Visa Stamping at Mexico

cooldude01

Can anyone tell me if we need tourist visa for mexico..

I'm planning to have my h1b stamping done at Matamoros,Mexico

If needed, how to apply for tourist visa..

I've found conflicting information..

Starting May 1st, 2010, all foreigners, regardless of their nationality, visiting Mexico as tourists, transmigrate or for business matters will not need a visa for Mexico as long as they hold a valid US visa and arrive in Mexico from the United States.

Mexico tourist visa is required for citizens of India.

Thanks for your help

Hi 

If you have valid US visa then you do not need a tourist visa for Mexico. When you enter the border show them your valid us visa and they will give a form to fill. That is enough.

If you are planning to go for stamping then you need Mexico Visa.

I highly recommend you to check your PIMS update before going for stamping in Mexico. 

If you have Canada Visa I advice you to go there. Please avoid Mexico( If you need to stay long you will be in real trouble, out of personal experience)

Thanks

If you went for  stamping and PIMs is the issue, you can still send an email to PIMS for an update request putting your visa consulate in CC. If not you can still send an email to the consulate to check with them before going for stamping. 100% sure.

Please google it !!!

If you went for  stamping and PIMs is the issue, you can still send an email to PIMS for an update request putting your visa consulate in CC. If not you can still send an email to the consulate to check with them before going for stamping. 100% sure.

Please google it !!!

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/70485-pims-verification/

That info is from last year, but I think process the process is still the same. Bottom-line is that you cannot request your PIMS update its done only during the interview.

Archived