L2 with EAD - work remotely in Indian payroll

vamsikris21

Hi,

Iam new to this forum and did my bit of search before posting this.

I currently have a L1 and my spouse got her L2 . We are planning to get her EAD so that she may start working here. I understand that without EAD , she cannot work physically or remotely in US for anyone.

Her Indian company is US based and company's Indian subsidiary is ready to allow work remotely from US once she gets EAD. 

When she works in US ,does she need to be on US payroll since she also might need to travel to her US office location and work for couple of weeks occasionally ? ?  

Please clarify or let me know if more information is required.

• 2 months later...

" ... without EAD , she cannot work physically or remotely in US for anyone ... "

This sentence from the above post is not correct right ?

My understanding is she can work remotely ( in other country's payroll)  even before she get her EAD approved. Isn't this right ?

But report her world wide income in us tax returns.

" ... without EAD , she cannot work physically or remotely in US for anyone ... "

My understanding is she can work remotely ( in other country's payroll)  even before she get her EAD approved. Isn't this right ?

No, without EAD one cannot perform any employment in US even remotely for an employer in another country.

The OP is right, you are wrong.

A person in the US without work permit can NOT work anywhere, not even remotely for a company abroad.

It doesn't matter where the job is located, it matters where the person is located.

Archived