Conversion of B1 visa to H1B visa

mpunyatoya98

You can exit and enter US with a valid H1B visa and I797.

Thanks jairichi but how do I get the H1B? I am still on B1 and have a job offer (not H1B).

Someone suggested me that I am lucky to be in the US and getting a job offer, which makes it easier for the H1B processing. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Puja

Thanks jairichi but how do I get the H1B? I am still on B1 and have a job offer (not H1B).

Someone suggested me that I am lucky to be in the US and getting a job offer, which makes it easier for the H1B processing. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Puja

That someone might not be aware of US immigration laws. 

As JoeF pointed out, if your employer is a for profit employer then they can file a cap subject H1B petition only in April with a start date in October. This is subject to an annual cap of 65000. The cap has reached this year. So, your employer can file next year. If your employer is a non-profit organization that is exempt from H1B cap they can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime of the year and on approval you can work for them. This is not subject to any cap.

Also, when you enter on B1 you are not allowed to work. It is to attend meetings, conferences, etc.

Archived