RFE on I-485

virkime

I got a text that I got an RFE on my I-485. My priority date has become current for EB3. The issue is I do not have an RFE mail from USCIS and I think it has gone to Attorney firm. But the Attorney who was handling my case in that firm does not work there anymore and I am not sure how would I get the RFE addressed, since I do not even know what it is about. Does USCIS mails the RFE to both the applicant and the Attorney? If not then how can I get that mail. Upon speaking with the USCIS, they asked to file an attorney Change G-28 form and then the new attorney can ask for the RFE mail. All this will take time I presume. Any guidance on what should I do now.

Thanks.

If the prior attorney doesn't represent you anymore, then you have an absolute right to get the RFE yourself - call the USCIS customer service line and ask them to send it to you.

You might also try the old law firm, even if your actual attorney doesn't work there any longer - they likely still received the RFE and might not know how to contact you to send it.

Archived