Visa approved but used AVR to return to the U.S. back without visa stamping.... What's the next step?

JasK

I came back without the visa stamp when the technical glitch had happened and wondering if I have to go back in person to get the stamping or could I just mail it in as it approved but not stamped because of the hardware failure. Any ideas/ experiences please share.

Since AVR is not possible if you apply for a new visa in Canada.

How you manage to retrun based on AVR? Please share your experience in details with CBP.

What was your port of entry?

AVR is not possible if Visa is denied. In this case Visa was approved, just not issued.

Yeah they were letting everyone back in if ur visa was approved...

I wish I had stayed to get the stamping! Now will have to make another trip... Oh well!!! On top of that I was actually eligible for waiver.... Gotta be more attentive to the forum!

I am also in similar situation and have taken back my passport with visa due to technical glitch. I think we have to go to Canada in person. You can send your passport from US but  have to be collected from loomis office in person after visa stamp. And therefore, you can not enter to Canada if already sent your passport to Canada. I also heard that sending the passport across the country is illegal. 

With that, I have completed the "consular section" of visa website for sending the document and they have provided me the courier-in details. Seems like I can not drop the passport in person at consulate and will have to drop it off at loomis office (free of charge) .

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestion or feedback.

I am also in similar situation and have taken back my passport with visa due to technical glitch. I think we have to go to Canada in person. You can send your passport from US but  have to be collected from loomis office in person after visa stamp. And therefore, you can not enter to Canada if already sent your passport to Canada. I also heard that sending the passport across the country is illegal. 

With that, I have completed the "consular section" of visa website for sending the document and they have provided me the courier-in details. Seems like I can not drop the passport in person at consulate and will have to drop it off at loomis office (free of charge) .

Technically, passports cannot be sent outside the country by mail.

When I got my passport back, they said that I could drop it off directly at the consulate. I'm going to send an email to the consulate asking if I drop it off directly with them or if I need to use the courier service.

All,

I want to share the good news with all the folks in this situation. I was able to drop my passport in person at consulate and received the visa in just 2 days.  After visa stamp. I picked up my passport from consulate itself. This has saved my 2 days for sure, i.e.1 day for dropping off the passport at loomis  and 1 day from consulate to loomis   after visa stamp.

In summary, the visa website suggests to courier in the passport and provide you the free shipping label but you can ignore that and drop the passport in person at consulate if works for you better.

I want to share the good news with all the folks in this situation. I was able to drop my passport in person at consutae and

I forgot to suggest one important thing. Please try to drop off your passport early in the morning and may request them to expedite your visa. This way you may even get your visa next day afternoon. In my case, I dropped off my passport on Monday 2PM, they asked me to check on Tuesday 3PM but it could not be ready so finally I got that on 11 AM Wednesday

Archived