Drivers license renewal

Hi Members,

My Drivers license is expiring on 19th July. I applied for my H1B extension on May 7th. I was considering the option of Premium Processing and unfortunately USCIS are no longer processing premium request till 27th July. Considering the 90-120 window for processing the extension, I would be without drivers license for more than a month. I live in Houston, tx and visited the Rosenberg DMV Mega center to seek temporary extension based on the USCIS Receipt number. I did go trough couple of blogs where people have obtained in the similar fashion. I spoke with the supervisor who was kind enough Indian, who said that since Dec 2013 they are directly connected to the homeland and the validity is provided based on lawful presence and they can do nothing. It's summer time and being without license is a pain. 

Kindly place your suggestion to let me know if there's any other way. I have a valid Indian Driver's license though, But I heard it's only valid for 6th months when you arrive to this country.

Thanks

Shrikant

Sorry - there is no good news for you, no DMV will give issue driving license due to less than 6 months visa validity. Although, you can keep trying luck in different DMV locations, it works sometime if you end up with new or not-upto-date employees.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived