Job Posting delay

My employer has post a job posting before Applying for my PERM. Now management is saying they have found qualified candidate who has applied to that job posting and that candidate can not be rejected.

So new request for prevailing wages has to be submitted to DOL. My employer is saying it has to be sent after 6 months . As they found the candidate process can not be re-started immediately even if they are willing to do so.. 

Is that the rule or Any one of you aware of the situation in which company once finds the candidate and starts / post job description again within few days/weeks ?

Thanks in advance

Desai

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am in the same situation.  I only have close to 1.5 years to reach my 6 year H1-B limit, and I do not want to wait 6 months to file my PERM again. In my case, the HR manager was the only person who performed interviews and she says she found a qualified candidate. My immediate technical manager was not involved in the interview process at all.  I am planning to request my technical manager to get involved and push the process forward.  

Does anyone have suggestions / better ways to deal with this situation?

Archived