Do I need a H1B stamp Again

MJ786

Hi all,

Currently i had an approval of I-797 with employer "B" which is going to expire in the month of sept 2016 and also i had a stamp visa with employer"A" that going to expiring in the month of sept 2015. I am planning to go india for a month i will be coming back last week of Aug 2015.

I have two question:

1: Do i have to go for visa stamping or not because i change the employer?

2: Can I able to come back on same stamp visa because i have only one month left while coming back my current stamp visa going to expire in sept 2015, so its ok to travel or not?

Please advise

Thanks in advance

I am answering this assuming that you are citizen of India because of most member are on this forum and I am familiar with process for India.

1. Once you changed your employer, you need to have new visa. Now, if you do not leave US, new I-797 is sufficient but if you do leave country, you do need stamped visa with new employer name on visa.

2. If I understand your question correctly, this question is valid only if I had answered "No, you do not need new visa for new employer" to you question number one. With new visa you will not have this problem for a while. As a general when you enter US with current visa just few days to expire, technically it is not a problem but officer may ask you about your plans on renewing or going back.

I am answering this assuming that you are citizen of India because of most member are on this forum and I am familiar with process for India.

1. Once you changed your employer, you need to have new visa. Now, if you do not leave US, new I-797 is sufficient but if you do leave country, you do need stamped visa with new employer name on visa.

2. If I understand your question correctly, this question is valid only if I had answered "No, you do not need new visa for new employer" to you question number one. With new visa you will not have this problem for a while. As a general when you enter US with current visa just few days to expire, technically it is not a problem but officer may ask you about your plans on renewing or going back.

I guess there is no need of going to stampin when we have valid stamping..It does not matter which employer you are with?

Can anyone please confirm it?

Archived