Templates for alternatives to Birth and Marriage certificates

effzeus

Hi,

I am a US citizen and am trying to apply for the Green card for both my parents who reside in India. We don't have either's birth certificate or their marriage certificate (back then these records were not kept in their hometown in U.P.)

Can someone point me to the templates for the the various documents I need to get prepared from India in leu of the missing Birth and Marriage Certificates for my parents.

For each parent's birth certificate alternative:

1. No-Availability Certificate from Local Municipality in India.

2. Affidavit stating their birth date, place, time. Unfortunately they have no close older relatives still alive, so I am not sure if this affidavit can simply be from themselves ?

For the missing marriage certificate:

3. No-Availability Certificate from Local Municipality in India ( is this needed ??)

4. Affidavit stating the marriage date and place

5. Any other documents needed ?

6. Finally, Where can I find templates that show the exact wording of these docs so I can have some local lawyer prepare these docs in India.

Thank you so much, Murthy law community!

if you typed in the same in Google, you wou'd have found the templates..

the BC is needed for people born after 1969, the year when India made the law to register the births..not required for people born before that..

marriage proof need to be substantiated in additional ways..there should be several other govt records available with their names on it..

Archived