Chennai consulate question

mailvijayk

Hello Seniors,

Basically i am from Andhra Pradesh and currently living in USA.
Visiting India and need to get visa stamped (i am on my H1b visa).

usually i go to Chennai for stamping(back in 2010) and now when i select my state of residence as "Andhra Pradesh" its auto picking Hyderabad as interview location.
I used to live in Andhra Pradesh near Chennai border and would like to go for stamping in Chennai as my stay is very short and my wife has stamping at Chennai consulate too.

please advise if Chennai is an option for me or do i have to go only to Hyderabad for stamping.
Appreciate your inputs and please guide me how to proceed if Chennai is also an option.

Thanks,
Vijay

Thank you all for the kind replies.

here is my confusion.

i did fill my DS160 by picking the Chennai consulate.

to book the appointment in portal "https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/selectstateofresidence" where it says "Step 2: Please Select Your Country or State of Residence." if i select "  India - Andhra Pradesh   then its showing the below.

//

Step 6: Please make sure all selected information is correct before continuing.

Visa Type: Nonimmigrant Visa State Of Residence: India - Andhra Pradesh Language Of Interview: English Visa Category : Working Visa Class: H-1B Post Of Interview: HYDERABAD

post of interview shows "Hyderabad"

not sure if i need proceed further paying the money in Axis bank and then i will be able to select Chennai as the consulate.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vijay

Thank you all for the kind replies.

here is my confusion.

i did fill my DS160 by picking the Chennai consulate.

to book the appointment in portal "https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/selectstateofresidence" where it says "Step 2: Please Select Your Country or State of Residence." if i select "  India - Andhra Pradesh   then its showing the below.

//

Step 6: Please make sure all selected information is correct before continuing.

Visa Type: Nonimmigrant Visa State Of Residence: India - Andhra Pradesh Language Of Interview: English Visa Category : Working Visa Class: H-1B Post Of Interview: HYDERABAD

post of interview shows "Hyderabad"

not sure if i need proceed further paying the money in Axis bank and then i will be able to select Chennai as the consulate.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vijay

Did you try to contact Stanley help desk?

Archived