H1b 2016

hazelnut

1. How soon the USCIS will notify the lottery selection results?

2. Will USCIS notify sooner for the premium applications?

3. Can anyone tell the fee breakup for regular H1 application from a company with less than 25 employers?

4. Is Educational evaluation mandatory for a H1b application? 

5. How does the LCA work? Do employers need to file LCA in advance?

Thanks in advance

3. Can anyone tell the fee breakup for regular H1 application from a company with less than 25 employers?

Thanks in advance

1. By the end of April notice will start being sent to applicants selected in lottery.

3. Look at USCIS website. Fee is not your concern at all.

4. Yes.

5. LCA should have been filed and approved before H1B petition filing. Otherwise H1B petition will not be considered for processing.

1. Check USCIS website

2. No

3. Zero dollars for you. Why do you need this?

4. Not if you have 4 yrs of bachelor's degree

5. Yes.

Premium Processing is for processing a selected H1. It has nothing to do with the lottery. It can't, obviously, since everybody is the same in the lottery.

Wait for USCIS announcements about when the quota is full and when people will get informed.

The fees for the H1 don't matter for you, the employer has to pay them. LCAs are filed before the H1 can be filed, and that should be done already since it takes a couple of days.

Premium Processing is for processing a selected H1. It has nothing to do with the lottery. It can't, obviously, since everybody is the same in the lottery.

Wait for USCIS announcements about when the quota is full and when people will get informed.

The fees for the H1 don't matter for you, the employer has to pay them. LCAs are filed before the H1 can be filed, and that should be done already since it takes a couple of days.

But, I think if it is a premium processing application, you get to know the lottery result earlier as your receipt number will be emailed first for premium candidates whereas snail mail for regular processing. Same incase of not picked in lottery, will be emailed saying not picked? Can someone confirm this understanding?

But, I think if it is a premium processing application, you get to know the lottery result earlier as your receipt number will be emailed first for premium candidates whereas snail mail for regular processing. Same incase of not picked in lottery, will be emailed saying not picked? Can someone confirm this understanding?

No. JoeF is correct. PP is for processing your application to get a quick decision and not for getting a receipt notice.

Yes is the first case but no in second case. If not picked in random selection, the whole packet with fees/checks including with PP fees will be returned. No PP fee, no PP treatment. They returned my PP H1b packet by postal mail (snail mail). It was not selected in random selection, advanced degree.

The lottery selection is not made faster by Premium Processing.

Once an application is selected, PP of course takes over. And that includes sending notifications by email. The notification could still come after others have received their notification via normal mail, depending on when the application was selected. For example, they select ca. 20K applications more than spots. If one of the other applications gets denied, an application from the reserve gets selected, and then the notification would be emailed out.

All-in-all, PP is a waste of money at this time.

1. By the end of April notice will start being sent to applicants selected in lottery.

3. Look at USCIS website. Fee is not your concern at all.

4. Yes.

5. LCA should have been filed and approved before H1B petition filing. Otherwise H1B petition will not be considered for processing.

Thanks for your response

Thanks for your response

• 6 months later...

Hey All,

I didn't receive my petition back from USCIS and my H1B this year isn't picked. But, somehow I knew they pick additional applications and put them on hold so that, any application from the initial pick gets withdrawn or denied will choose petitions from the buffer. Is that true? or am I in a misconception ??

So, my outstanding question is do USCIS pick additional petitions and hold onto them? 

My company didn't receive the petition back.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated and Thank you.

The lottery selection is not made faster by Premium Processing.

Once an application is selected, PP of course takes over. And that includes sending notifications by email. The notification could still come after others have received their notification via normal mail, depending on when the application was selected. For example, they select ca. 20K applications more than spots. If one of the other applications gets denied, an application from the reserve gets selected, and then the notification would be emailed out.

All-in-all, PP is a waste of money at this time.

JoeF, so by what you say the 20k additional application thing exists.??

I haven't received my petition back from USCIS till date. Which means it might be in those 20k?

Archived