J1 Visa Waiver Question. Please Help!

J1_EBC

Hello to everybody.  I started my application for J1 Visa Waiver on November 2014 based on No Objection.  My home country's goverment took some time to give me a No Objection Statement (2 months) before sending it to US Dept of State.  On February 2015, US Dept of State gave me a Favorable Recommendation and forwarded it to USCIS for final approval on March 5 2015. 

From what I read online some got approval after a week and some after two weeks.  After 25 days, status update on my case still says 'Case Was Received....'

Should I be concerned now?  How long does it usually take for USCIS to make decision on I-612 application based on No Objection?  At this point can I file Change/Adjustment of Status since I am married to a US Citizen for 6 months now (September 2014)

Thank you very much.

J1_EBC

Hi there.  I think you are referring to J1 Visa Waiver application based on Extreme Hardship or Persecution and according to USCIS website takes about 4 months to process.  But you're right I think I should call USCIS after a month.  It will not hurt to inquire.

As for my timeline:

November 2014 - Started application for No Objection Statement

January 2015 - Home country approved No Objection Statement and forwarded to the embassy at Washington DC

I heard officially USCIS will take up to 4 months to process. Most ppl do get this in just a few weeks, or at most 1 month. So you could wait a few days. Then you can try to call the center. 

BTW, do you mind posting your timeline of the case? 

cont.....

January 2015    - my home country gov gave No Objection Statement and forwarded to the embassy at Washington DC. 

- I sent DS-3035, Fee, Passport Page, Statement of Reason etc. to US Dept of State.

February 2015  - US Dept of State received all requirements as well as No Objection from the embassy.

- Dept of State granted Favorable Recommendation and forwarded to USCIS.

March 2015      - USCIS receipt recommendation as stated in Form I-797 Notice of Action.

After 26 days, still waiting for USCIS for final approval.

I heard officially USCIS will take up to 4 months to process. Most ppl do get this in just a few weeks, or at most 1 month. So you could wait a few days. Then you can try to call the center. 

BTW, do you mind posting your timeline of the case? 

My timeline:

Jan 20th, 2015-  US Dept of State Favorable Recommendation.

Jan 27th, 2015-  USCIS receipt notice with case number. Online status case under consideration.

Feb 10th, 2015- USCIS case approved. Change of status online.

Feb 17th, 2015- USCIS J1 waiver approval notice delivered to my mailing address.

Hope this helps.

USCIS just approved my J1 Visa Waiver application.  Process took 5 months all in all.  Below is the complete timeline:

November 2014 - Started application for No Objection Statement (NOS) from government of my home country.

January 2015 - Home country approved No Objection Statement.  Forwarded NOS to the embassy in Washington DC.

- I sent DS-3035, Fee, Current Passport Page, Statement of Reason, and others to US Dept of State.

February 2015  - US Dept of State confirmed receipt of all requirements as well as No Objection Statement.

- After 3 weeks, US Dept of State granted Favorable Recommendation and forwarded to USCIS.

March 2015      - USCIS receipt favorable recommendation as stated in Form I-797 Notice of Action.

April 2015         - After 4 weeks, USCIS approved my J1 Visa Waiver.  

Archived