Informing USCIS about not joining new employer

yubeie

I currently work at Company A on H1B.

I got an offer from Company B and they processed by H1B. Since I changed my mind, I have informed them that I would not be joining them a couple of days ago. 

I learned the employee MUST inform USCIS (within 30 days from the date of rejection) that he/she would not be joining company B  and that the H1B with Company A is still valid that he/she is not out of status.

I've been seeing mixed responses. Would anyone please clarify?

Thank you so much for the reply.

Since I've not resigned at Company A, I can continue to work for Company A as the petition is still valid, right?

Am I affected by "Last Action" rule, which in this case perhaps indicates that I was supposed to be working for Company B? ..If not how would USCIS know that I am employed with Company A?

Thank you so much for the reply.

Since I've not resigned at Company A, I can continue to work for Company A as the petition is still valid, right?

Am I affected by "Last Action" rule, which in this case perhaps indicates that I was supposed to be working for Company B? ..If not how would USCIS know that I am employed with Company A?

Yes, you can continue working for company A as long as petition and I94 is still valid. Last action rule applies for COS.

Archived