H1B - Change of new job

virk

Hi,

if I have been layed off by company A and they cancelled my H1B but before they file for my cancellation I applied to get it transferred to consultant B and now working with end client and my H1B is still in processing(I guess it will take 2 more months) for that consultant B.

My question is if I get full time job offer from company C can I file for H1B or I have to wait for my H1B to get approved first with consultant B ? 

Thanks.

Hi,

if I have been layed off by company A and they cancelled my H1B but before they file for my cancellation I applied to get it transferred to consultant B and now working with end client and my H1B is still in processing(I guess it will take 2 more months) for that consultant B.

My question is if I get full time job offer from company C can I file for H1B or I have to wait for my H1B to get approved first with consultant B ? 

Thanks.

Date of revocation of H1B petition by company A does not matter. If your H1B petition was filed by company B before your last day with company A you are fine. Company C can file a H1B petition anytime and it will be considered as bridge petition. If for some reason H1B petition with company B is denied then H1B petition with company C if approved will be without I94.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived