H1B Extension Approved: Visa Stamping in India

me2014

Hello All,

The present H1B is valid till Aug 2015, Have received Extension after 6 yrs for 3 years.

The new I797 is valid from next day of the present one Aug 2015 - Aug 2018.

My question is:

I have planning to travel to India in April 2015, need to get my visa stamping, what will the the validity of the visa Aug 2015 or Aug 2018?

I will show both the I797 to VO.

Thx

Thanks all for the answer. The DS 160 form I can only add one EAC #.

I am updating the new one & will show the old one physically. Is the correct?

My immigration attorney is of no help. They are saying need to go to consulate with the question. Amazing.

Can I go to canada?

• 1 month later...

I am updating this thread to provide the answers which I did not get here for others benefit. I went to India & got my visa stamped.

If an employee holds an overlapping petition will be  given the visa end date for the second one. For India the max visa months issued is 60 months.

The DS 160 has to filled up with the new petition EAC#. Physically both the petition has to be shown to VO.

This is the users who did mention that aug 2015, if you do not know something please refrain yourself from commenting. 

I am updating this thread to provide the answers which I did not get here for others benefit. I went to India & got my visa stamped.

If an employee holds an overlapping petition will be  given the visa end date for the second one. For India the max visa months issued is 60 months.

The DS 160 has to filled up with the new petition EAC#. Physically both the petition has to be shown to VO.

This is the users who did mention that aug 2015, if you do not know something please refrain yourself from commenting. 

Good to know that you got visa, and thanks for sharing. 

Archived