Visa Interview Waiver Eligibility

tonyboysmith

Hello Everyone,

I am planning for a trip to India in May 2015 and during this trip I will be getting my visa stamped.

I found this link that has the details on the eligibility for the interview waiver:

Now one of the points is confusing me:

If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify,but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible.

It says "my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months". 

The visa stamp in my passport expired on August 2013. However I applied for H-1 renewal and have a valid I-797 good till 2016. Also I am still with the same company and so does my visa class [still on H1].

So will I still be eligible for the interview waiver program since I have a valid I-797 [even though the visa stamp in my passport is expired beyond 12 months] or I still need to go for an interview.

Can someone who has knowledge in this area please provide clarity

Thanks in advance

My H1 Visa stampping expired in Feb 2015. I am planning to go to India in Summer. I am contemplating on how to handle my Visa stamping. Should i go to Canada before i travel to India or handle it in India itself. This info on drop box excites as i am still with the same employer and applying for extension in same category, The only problem is i am in EVC model and client won't provide a letter as it is Federal affiliated. I will have employer and Vendor letter. Your inputs are much appreciated. 

Archived