Single LCA multiple H1Bs ?

Reddy4

The LCA is for one person.

Joe, Thanks for your response. Is filing one LCA for multiple H1B positions illegal ? or less common ?

reason I ask is, The employer filing H1B for my cousin specified they were using the group LCA strategy as part of my cousin H1B sponsorship for this year..  Can you please shed some light on this....

Thanks again..

Actually, I was wrong:

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/faqsanswers.cfm#q!308

"May I use the same LCA to request multiple positions?

Yes. An employer may use a single LCA to request multiple positions where they are in the same visa category and job classification, and are either all part-time or all full-time positions. However, an employer must file separate LCAs for:

1. Workers in different visa categories, e.g. an H-1B position and an E-3 position may not be requested on the same ETA Form 9035/9035E;
  2. Nonimmigrant workers in different job classifications, e.g. a computer systems analyst (Standard Occupational Code [sOC] 15-0051.00) and a software engineer (SOC 15-0032.00) must be listed on separate applications;
  3. Full-time or part-time positions; and/or
  4. Exempt and non-exempt nonimmigrant workers for H-1B dependent employers and/or willful violators as indicated in Item I of the LCA."

The LCA is for one person.

You mentor is back :)  One LCA can support multiple person .  It was unlimited earlier,  per a DOL proposal in 2012,  it was supposed to be restricted to 10 workers.   Don't know if the proposal went through but it is still NOT one person .... 

From If the LCA is certified for multiple workers, you must provide the name and USCIS case receipt number of any foreign worker who has previously used the LCA."  

You mentor is back :)  One LCA can support multiple person .  It was unlimited earlier,  per a DOL proposal in 2012,  it was supposed to be restricted to 10 workers.   Don't know if the proposal went through but it is still NOT one person .... 

From If the LCA is certified for multiple workers, you must provide the name and USCIS case receipt number of any foreign worker who has previously used the LCA."  

It depends on the jobs it is for. If the job descriptions are the same, it can be for multiple people. If the job descriptions are different, then not (paraphrased from the DOL website, I posted the exact text earlier, but it hasn't made it through moderation yet.)

So, as usual, your attempt at stalking me falls flat... I always laugh at your half-baked attempts of trying to start a flame war...

It depends on the jobs it is for. If the job descriptions are the same, it can be for multiple people. If the job descriptions are different, then not (paraphrased from the DOL website, I posted the exact text earlier, but it hasn't made it through moderation yet.)

So, as usual, your attempt at stalking me falls flat... I always laugh at your half-baked attempts of trying to start a flame war...

Good that you learnt it  and glad I am able to help you learn something new ... in my small way :)

Good that you learnt it  and glad I am able to help you learn something new ... in my small way :)

You were wrong. I looked this up way before a troll like you could even post. You just don't get that because this forum is moderated.

As I said before, you need to learn things before mouthing off. Your half-baked BS only shows your cluelessness.

You were wrong. I looked this up way before a troll like you could even post. You just don't get that because this forum is moderated.

As I said before, you need to learn things before mouthing off. Your half-baked BS only shows your cluelessness.

If you say so. ..... but you do ack your first post was wrong,don't you ? So why are you crying ?

Archived