Can i apply for H1B Visa with Direct degree (without Intermediate)

Risheela

Hi  Jairichi,

Please find below my Education Back ground and my Experience and let me know my eligibility for H1B Visa processing for USA.

Education qualification:

10 (SSC) +3(B.com) +2.6 (M.B.A) = 15.6 years

1996 March – completed 10th class (SSC)

2000- 2003 – Completed Degree: B.com – From Andhra University (Correspondence Course)

2003 – 2006 – Completed Post Graduation: M.B.A – From IGNOU (Correspondence Course)

Note: I have done my Graduation without Intermediate. i am having around 8 years of IT experience, Am i Eligible for H1B Visa ?

Hi Jairichi,

Sorry for addressing this Topic to you, yes its possible in India we can do Graduation without Intermediate, once you have 18 years of age and passed with SSC Examination.

The eligibility for Direct Degree is : SSC passed and 18 years completed, then you are eligible for to do Graduation in Distance mode (University will conduct an Entrance examination which is equivalent to Intermediate) Once you pass in that entrance examination you are eligible for to do Graduation.

University is : Directorate of Distance education (Andhra University ) Visakhapatnam.

@ Rahul : 4 yrs of bachelor's degree or its equivalent work exp means, if i have 12 years of Exp in IT industry, am i eligible for the H1B Visa ?

Once i get 12 years of IT Exp will USCIS not look for my Educational qualification?

Please do not ask specifically a person for a response. There are lots of experts.

You need a minimum of 4 years Bachelor's degree related to your H1B profession. I do not think you qualify for a H1B. Talk to a good attorney too. How did you manage to do B.com with out completing higher secondary?

Hi Jairichi,

Sorry for asking with the specific name , yes its possible in INDIA , we can do Graduation without Intermediate, the eligibility for this is :

1. SSC Passed

2. 18 years completed

3. need to qualify University Entrance examination,

once you meet above 3 requirements you are eligible for to do Graduation.

University : Andhra University - School of Distance education , Visakhapatnam .

Please find below the link for more info .

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.andhrauniversity.edu.in%2Fsde%2FUG_Propestus_2012.pdf&ei=-7DsVNHSGc-yuASn2YCwCw&usg=AFQjCNEznfw2n91Yb0yj-yVp-qhepJkbZQ&sig2=BSuSh6YCSLP-7K80BJo-TQ&bvm=bv.86475890,d.c2E

For H1 you need to have either 4 yrs of bachelor's degree or its equivalent work exp directly from the field related to your H1 job.

Hi rahul,

As you said in the above post,  4 yrs of bachelor's degree or its equivalent work exp, means if i have 12 years of IT Exeperience , USCIS will approve my H1B Petetion without looking into my Education Back ground ?

or still USCIS look for my SSC and Inter, after gaining of 12 years of IT exp ?

Hi rahul,

As you said in the above post,  4 yrs of bachelor's degree or its equivalent work exp, means if i have 12 years of IT Exeperience , USCIS will approve my H1B Petetion without looking into my Education Back ground ?

or still USCIS look for my SSC and Inter, after gaining of 12 years of IT exp ?

I think yes. But its better to consult an attorney before your employer files your H1.

Hi Jairichi,

Sorry for asking with the specific name , yes its possible in INDIA , we can do Graduation without Intermediate, the eligibility for this is :

1. SSC Passed

2. 18 years completed

3. need to qualify University Entrance examination,

once you meet above 3 requirements you are eligible for to do Graduation.

University : Andhra University - School of Distance education , Visakhapatnam .

Please find below the link for more info .

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.andhrauniversity.edu.in%2Fsde%2FUG_Propestus_2012.pdf&ei=-7DsVNHSGc-yuASn2YCwCw&usg=AFQjCNEznfw2n91Yb0yj-yVp-qhepJkbZQ&sig2=BSuSh6YCSLP-7K80BJo-TQ&bvm=bv.86475890,d.c2E

No issues with addressing to me. But, there are very good experts than me in this forum.

In my opinion, you need to have 16 years of education that includes 4 years of Bachelor's. For you it is 10 + 3 + 2.6 = 15.6. I am not sure how USCIS will take this into consideration as you have a Bachelor's and Master's degree. Even if your education is ok you need to have 12 years of work experience related to H1B profession (IT industry) for to be considered for H1B.

Do talk with an attorney from Murthy law firm.

Archived