URGENT: Got 221G in Jamaica 19 Jan: Can i go to Canada next week(I have apptmnt)

lifeishell

Hello, please help me , my situation is very urgent.

I went to Jamaica for 2nd h1b stamping, 1st was done in Canada.

I am in EC model & have 140 approved & with same employer A for 10 months. I was with the same employer A last time 2 years back in 2012 when i got stamped. Also, had my MS from USA. (never received any 221g in my life before)

In 2013 i moved to another employer B.

I joined  (same employer A) in 2014.

I have another h1b appointment booked in Canada for next week.

I got interviewed today in Jamaica & was asked the following:

VO: Are you with same employer from last time?

Me: Yes

VO: How long?

Me: 10 months

VO: What do you work as?

Me: XXX

VO: Why did you move to employer B?

Me; Better opportunity

VO: Why did you move back to same employer A?

Me: Better opportunity, good health benefits

VO: Sorry we cannot process your case here & you may have to go to some other consulate or your home country.

1. IS IT POSSIBLE for me to go to Canada now, please note i have an appointment booked for Canada & also have Canada Visa.

2. Does 221G here mean 221G in canada as well? If yes, will i even get processed in Canada?

It sure is odd that the VO said that they cannot process your case in Jamaica, if they did not do anything and gave you your PP with old approved visa then you can go to Canada (am not a lawyer). Maybe there is a limitation in this consulate, although it should not happen.

On the other hand If they gave you 221g then they would ask you for some documentation and your case is under review in Jamaica. In that case you will have to allow them time to finish the formalities. Best is to seek advice from a lawyer

What could be the reason for 221g? Cant we move back to previous employer for better oppurtunities? Are we not supposed to say medical benefits?

It isn't a 221G. It is refusal by US consulate official in Jamaica to entertain your visa application. Going to Canada might invite the same response. Home country is your option now.

You can, may be vo didn't believe OP. He already worked for A and moved back to A after sometime but the reason was not much convincing.

It can mostly be pay rate or because of some problem with middle vendor for EVC model that you are planning to change employer or go back. Can we say Better oppurtunities, higher pay rate?

You can, may be vo didn't believe OP. He already worked for A and moved back to A after sometime but the reason was not much convincing.

Hi,

Can the VO ask reason for change in employers for the following scenario?

OPT - Company X, OPT Extension - Company Y, H1(More than 2 years) - Company X

Thank you in advance for your valuable advice.

Hello, please help me , my situation is very urgent.

I went to Jamaica for 2nd h1b stamping, 1st was done in Canada.

I am in EC model & have 140 approved & with same employer A for 10 months. I was with the same employer A last time 2 years back in 2012 when i got stamped. Also, had my MS from USA. (never received any 221g in my life before)

In 2013 i moved to another employer B.

I joined  (same employer A) in 2014.

I have another h1b appointment booked in Canada for next week.

I got interviewed today in Jamaica & was asked the following:

VO: Are you with same employer from last time?

Me: Yes

VO: How long?

Me: 10 months

VO: What do you work as?

Me: XXX

VO: Why did you move to employer B?

Me; Better opportunity

VO: Why did you move back to same employer A?

Me: Better opportunity, good health benefits

VO: Sorry we cannot process your case here & you may have to go to some other consulate or your home country.

1. IS IT POSSIBLE for me to go to Canada now, please note i have an appointment booked for Canada & also have Canada Visa.

2. Does 221G here mean 221G in canada as well? If yes, will i even get processed in Canada?

better go home country

Archived