H1b Revoked (masters quota) - Reapply

kumarh1ba

I came to India in Dec 2012 and attended visa interview on Dec 17th , I got my visa revoked not sure for what reason but i got DUI (cleared medical requirements) and i graduated from stratford university and after couple of months i got email saying my H1B got revoked , i didnt took any action that time .

Now, i am planning to reapply for my H1B , I can use the same Quota or I have to apply using new quota .

Please guide me on how to go forword .

For the H1 Masters quota, only a degree from an accredited, public or non-profit private university can be used.
Stratford is a for-profit institution.

Therefore, the H1 was invalid.

You can NOT use that degree from that rather bad, 4-th tier institution. You wasted your money.

One reason could be : This is a PROFIT university not a NON PROFIT university. Thats the reason they revoked and your not elgible for master's quota. Since it is not a NON profit organization.

Read below link :

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-fashion-models/h-1b-fiscal-year-fy-2015-cap-season

Check under :

Where to Mail Your H-1B Petition - they did mentioned the reason for rejection

I came to India in Dec 2012 and attended visa interview on Dec 17th , I got my visa revoked not sure for what reason but i got DUI (cleared medical requirements) and i graduated from stratford university and after couple of months i got email saying my H1B got revoked , i didnt took any action that time .

Now, i am planning to reapply for my H1B , I can use the same Quota or I have to apply using new quota .

Please guide me on how to go forword .

Sorry to let you know but Stratford University in Northern VA is about to be raided after Tri-Valley and ****. I have personally been on their campus to deposit fee for a friend and was surprised to see workarounds for everything.

stratford university is not a non profit university and that might me the reason for revoking your H1. To qualify for masters quota, the university should be accredited and also non profit university. I have seen few H1 from master quota being revoked after 1 year of approval for not satisfying the requirement. So i recommend you to apply in general quota to be on safer side. 

check the H1B revoke reason with your attorney.

you will not come under H1B quota, you can apply any time now.

He comes under the quota, because the old H1 was invalid from the start.

A degree from a for-profit institution can NOT be used for the H1 masters quota, and that means the OP never had a valid H1, and an employer could only file in the normal quota.

Archived