221g received at Toronto Consulate-- Update and gone through DOS processing

cherry786

On 7th Jan, 2015, I had a visa interview for H1 at Toronto. I and my wife both have taken the appointment. From my side, everything went smooth. Then they asked about my wife's highest qualification, hers is Master in Microbiology. For that, the VO has asked her CV. We didn't anticipated this and so couldn't show it. We insisted we have Master's degree certificate and marks list, but the VO insisted on CV.

Later, she took both of our passports and gave a yellow slip. The 221g has one requirement, submit my wife's CV through email.The VO told it would take 3-4 weeks for the administrative processing to complete, I ran through few forums and I learned that for some cases the process took as much as 19 months to few weeks. 

I am in a confused situation, my Canada visa would expire on 28th Feb and my current employer is processing my L1. I had got my L1 docs ready all I need to do is book a PA date. 

Passports are with the US consulate.

Update (1/13/2015) ---

Received mail from Toronto FPU, 

""Action on your and your husband’s applications for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV) is suspended under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, for further administrative review by the Department of State.

We will inform you of the results of this additional administrative review by email as soon as it is completed. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any additional information on the status of your visa application at this time.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

U.S. Consulate General Toronto

Does anyone has any idea how long could this DOS verification takes?

Has anyone with similar case got their visa approved within 4 weeks...

Now, my visa would expire this feb end and i have booked l1 PA in Feb 3rd week...

pLease share your experiences if you have gone through similar phase...

Thanks

Archived