Breaking Employer's agreement

Rakee

Hi Experts,

I have an issue with my employer, please help me with your valuable inputs.

I was working with an employer X who gave me a hard time. I am on H1B and even though I was working continuously in a project he skipped some of the payrolls. Payroll dates were not consistent. Sometimes he will run the payroll but would not deposit the money in my bank account. I finally decided to move out from this company, but I don't want to leave the project with my client. So I simply applied H1B transfer through another employer and patched him to my current vendor company and client. Now after my H1B transfer is approved I gave resignation to my employer X. But he is now not happy with my decision and wanted to proceed legally. As I am not supposed to work with his clients till I finish 12 months after the termination.

Kindly let me know if there is any alternative to resolve this issue or should I have to approach an attorney? Please advise.

Thank you

In my view, illegal activities has done from both sides. By making fake payrolls, you employer is participating in criminal activity. If mentioned in a contract, by joining the same client with different employer you have broke the contract.

You take your actions, your employer will take their.

File WH4 form your state's DOL site to save your H1b rights. I assume, once he will see WH4 notice, he will take his allegations back. 

I was working with an employer X who gave me a hard time. I am on H1B and even though I was working continuously in a project he skipped some of the payrolls. Payroll dates were not consistent. Sometimes he will run the payroll but would not deposit the money in my bank account. I finally decided to move out from this company

File a complaint with the above information and you are good to go.

Archived