Second H1B application through sister company

Rakee

Hi Experts,

I have a doubt on filing my H1B in April 2015, I am currently on OPT and it is expiring in this year. I have sent my H1B application last year through my employer but unfortunately it was not picked in the lottery. This year is my last chance to apply for H1b. So I wanted to send 2 applications. My employer has another company which is like a sister company. Can I send 2 different applications through both these companies simultaneously so that I hope that at least 1 of my application gets picked-up. Or is it technically incorrect to file 2 applications under same CEO?

Please advise.

Thank you. 

Hi Experts,

I have a doubt on filing my H1B in April 2015, I am currently on OPT and it is expiring in this year. I have sent my H1B application last year through my employer but unfortunately it was not picked in the lottery. This year is my last chance to apply for H1b. So I wanted to send 2 applications. My employer has another company which is like a sister company. Can I send 2 different applications through both these companies simultaneously so that I hope that at least 1 of my application gets picked-up. Or is it technically incorrect to file 2 applications under same CEO?

Please advise.

Thank you. 

But your end client will be one and the same right??

In other words just the company name differs and everything is same.

First off, multiple applications don't increase the chances. In fact, they reduce the chances, because it is more likely to get RFEs.

Second, multiple applications from the same company (and I think that includes things like sister companies) disqualifies the applications.

Archived