I-94 renewal after passport renew

ketanthakkar27

Hi Ketan,

I am also in similar boat as you are in. My PP and I 94 expired in Nov'2014. I have contacted local CBP offices and Airport CBP offices and none of them worked out. I am planning to go to cross Mexico border next week end.

Let me know if you have made any decisions on your case. 

Thank you

Kris

Hi Ketan,

I am also in similar boat as you are in. My PP and I 94 expired in Nov'2014. I have contacted local CBP offices and Airport CBP offices and none of them worked out. I am planning to go to cross Mexico border next week end.

Let me know if you have made any decisions on your case. 

Thank you

Kris

Before you attempt to cross border talk to your employer's attorney.

I am planning to go to India next week for my stomping again because if your I-94 is expired then you may have valid visa stamp on your old passport but your I-94 overrides your visa in the system. So it may not work if you plan to go to maxico. I talked to murthy attorney and I got a response that what I am doing is the correct way to do it if you have stayed less than 180 days after your I-94 expired..so I got my visa appoinent setup and planning to fly next week.

I had the same response from my employer attorney but for second opinion I choose Murthy and I got the same response..

Let me know what decided and how that works in your case.. I will update this post with my outcome of the visa interview..

I am planning to go to India next week for my stomping again because if your I-94 is expired then you may have valid visa stamp on your old passport but your I-94 overrides your visa in the system. So it may not work if you plan to go to maxico. I talked to murthy attorney and I got a response that what I am doing is the correct way to do it if you have stayed less than 180 days after your I-94 expired..so I got my visa appoinent setup and planning to fly next week.

I had the same response from my employer attorney but for second opinion I choose Murthy and I got the same response..

Let me know what decided and how that works in your case.. I will update this post with my outcome of the visa interview..

Good you talked to an attorney from Murthy law firm. Good luck with your visa interview and update us later.

• 2 weeks later...

That's very good, and so it worked out in your case.

In my case I appeared for interview and he just looked at my both passport and i 797 and then just cancelled my visa on old passport and give it back to me and kept my new passport with him and told me that I will have answeres in a few days. So typically when they keep the passport with them then they normally gives the visa , correct ???

So now just waiting for answers to come back..

Let me know what you think on this??

Thanks

Ketan

That's very good, and so it worked out in your case.

In my case I appeared for interview and he just looked at my both passport and i 797 and then just cancelled my visa on old passport and give it back to me and kept my new passport with him and told me that I will have answeres in a few days. So typically when they keep the passport with them then they normally gives the visa , correct ???

So now just waiting for answers to come back..

Let me know what you think on this??

Thanks

Ketan

Looks a straight forward case. Just wait to get your passport with stamped visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Hithere..mmy husband has same issue except he found out by chance yesterday that on his last entry the officer had stamped oct2014 as i94 expiry , both me and my kid travelled with him and got oct 2016 for i94 expiry.

now he is travelling to mexico to see if it can be resolved.

can he be deported from there .also i am on h4 , should i accompany him or not

grateful for any help

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My I 94 is expiring in May 2015 and my H1B is valid till Nov 2015. When I last entered USA my passport was expiring in May 2015 and which was the reason I got I 94 until May. I have renewed my passport but CBP says I can't extend my I 94 by personally going to CBP office since my passport was expiring, it wasn't any error on their part.

After going through forums I see that the best option is to go outside USA and re-enter. My question here is :

1. Can I go to Canada and enter back to USA through land and get a new I 94 ?

2. I know going to mexico I can get new I 94 but even in that is it possible if I drive and re-enter by land ?

3. How many days after my I 94 is expired I can stay in USA ?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have valid visa until 2016 Sep 29th, and my I797 also valid until 2016 September 29. But my I-94 got expired on 2014 October 26th. Due to my passport (1st passport) expire date oct 26th, 2014. CBP officer gave me I 94 until my 1st passport expiration date.

As i already crossed 180 days can i go for stamping... mean while i am going to talk my employer attorney... another mistake i did I called CBP to requesting for update they took all my details gave me appointment and after 3 hour other officer called me and tellin i have to leave immidiately... so now am in CBP radar now please guys help me..... some one got visa when ur 180 days less what is about my case ... I am 180+

please help me

I have valid visa until 2016 Sep 29th, and my I797 also valid until 2016 September 29. But my I-94 got expired on 2014 October 26th. Due to my passport (1st passport) expire date oct 26th, 2014. CBP officer gave me I 94 until my 1st passport expiration date.

As i already crossed 180 days can i go for stamping... mean while i am going to talk my employer attorney... another mistake i did I called CBP to requesting for update they took all my details gave me appointment and after 3 hour other officer called me and tellin i have to leave immidiately... so now am in CBP radar now please guys help me..... some one got visa when ur 180 days less what is about my case ... I am 180+

please help me

You are looking at a 3 year ban. Talk to an attorney today.

Archived