Question regarding H1b extension stamping

chinks

Hi,

I've few questions regarding the H1b extension stamping. 

I got stamping last year from Ottawa, and planning to go  for stamping again in Canada.

Questions-

1- Should I got to Ottawa again or I can go to Calgary or any another consulate, which one should you recommend ?

2- My previous employer A and current New H1 employer B, they are legally merged. So during the interview if the consulate will ask why did you change your employer then what should I say ? 

(Note:- My employer is agreed to give me the legal document which shows that they are merged)

3- After stamping, if I'm changing the client, do I have to go for stamping again ? I got 3 yrs extension, but I'm planing to change the client after stamping. 

Thanks in advance, 

1. Guess you can go to any consulate.

2. Also, after merger, I believe you may have to file an amendment to your H1 petition to indicate the merger between the two companies.  If you are still a employee of company A then I don't think any action needs to be taken, since nothing has changed from the employer point of view.  But if you are now an employee of company B or a different company C (formed as a result of the merger), then an amendment to your H1 petition may be required.

Please take this up with the company immigration attorney or hire an external attorney for consultation.

3. Unsure why changing clients would require new stamping.  Then again, I don't quite have an understanding of the employer-client-vendor model.  One thing is for sure - if you change employers then the new employer will have to file a new H1B petition for you to be able to work for him.

"2- My previous employer A and current New H1 employer B, they are legally merged. So during the interview if the consulate will ask why did you change your employer then what should I say ? " ----  Say company A merged with company B.

Seems pretty straightforward, unless you believe there is an issue with giving this as an answer.

Since the new company B has filed H1B, there is no need for amendment.  You are good.  Happy stamping!!!

Archived